Good evening L51 members as time approaches City elections it's time to rally the troops. Mike Esparza has set up a face book page to promote Rally 'round the Referendum. He is doing his best to get everyone registered to vote for the up coming City elections, but he still needs our help. You may be asking yourself why would I want to do this? Well let me give you a few reasons why;
1. As most of you are aware our contract is up for negotiations. The city wants to make changes that will have a profound effect on your future. If we want to keep what we have and better our future, we need to go to the polls and start voting.
2. City politicians focus their attention on people who VOTE. The more people we have to VOTE, the more pull we have to convince the city's politicians to go in the right direction.
3. If we do not come to an agreement with the city on our upcoming contract we will need the citizens of El Paso support. The more family members, friends, and supporters we have the better chances we have to get what we need to support our future.
4. Time is moving fast and the more proactive we are in getting support from our friends and family, the better our prospects will be if our contract goes to a vote in May.
5. If the city's proposed contract goes through in May, I'm afraid the impact well be too severe for the local Emergency Services.
I hope that these reasons are enough to get you to register to vote and vote at the city polls this coming November "two months away". Please do not procrastinate to long, time is limited, but our future can't be. So tell you families, friends, and tell them to tell their friends and families to get registered to vote and support their local Emergency Services. Follow the link below to the Rally 'round the Referendum page on Facebook.
Thank you for your time Brothers and Sister