MDA week has finally arrived. I am looking forward to a successful campaign, a campaign that will not be successful without the efforts of our entire FD family. This year we have set aside 6 days which gives each shift two days to get out and represent our Fire Department and meet our goal. This is a great opportunity for us to put our differences aside, come together and support a nationwide 50 plus year tradition. Keep in mind, our efforts and the money we collect stays in El Paso and helps over 380 El Paso families dealing with Muscular Dystrophy. For any members on the fence regarding the importance of our efforts, I challenge you to meet the families and kids here in El Paso who are directly affected by this disease. Personally, my idea of Boot Driving changed once I met them.
MDA Boot Drive notes,
1. Remember to include a sign-in sheet with your bags of money. Please print legibly to assure all participating members receive a t-shirt. You only need to sign in once to receive your shirt.
2. Mark each money bag clearly with your Battalion, Station, and Shift. This year one battalion, one shift will win our Challenge Coin Competition.
3. 40-hour personnel can sign in with the Battalion and shift they work with. I know for a fact the TA will be out making it happen!
4. All supplies to include water, banners, bags, sign in sheets and stickers will be delivered by Tuesday the 22nd. If anyone is in need of supplies please contact me by cell (included below) so I can message all our hard working corner captains and get you the supplies you need.
5. You all know your territory, you know what time and how long to stay out. Regardless of time if you need supplies we will get them to you.
6. Money pick up - Our biggest challenge will be Saturday, Sunday, and Monday since the credit union we use will be closed. Please secure money bags as best as possible for us to pick up first thing Tuesday (29th) morning.
7. You all know your territory, you know what time and how long to stay out.
8. HYDRATE - Keep an eye on each other, use sunscreen and caps/boonie hats. We know it's going to be warm, we are Firefighters we can handle the heat.
This year we expect much more media coverage, have fun out there. Above all stay SAFE and have a good time.
FST B6 "A" Shift
Local 51 Parliamentarian
B1 has Neon Desert
B2 is where "the money is"
B3 says no one has a chance
B4 says bring it
B5 has Wal-Mart
B6 is simply going to take it!